"I have seen many speakers in my career, and you are one of those that exceeded my expectations! I would love to have you speak again . . . and again!" -Ann Cate, Coordinator, Convention Programs, National Automobile Dealers Association
Life is one continuous chain of negotiations. Mimi is the master of the art, showing audiences exactly how to get what they want with dignity and honor
• Learn How And When To “Push The Pause Button”
• Control Body Language And Speech To Gain Favorable Results
• 5 Secrets To “Seal The Deal” Every Time
Necessary Roughness: New Rules for the Contact Sport of Business
Prevailing in challenging times is not a question of ability – people are able. Success hinges on opportunity and intention. Opportunity and intention are what football is all about. Mimi uses the ultimate team game to highlight motivational and teambuilding principles that are crucial in today’s hard-fought personal and professional success. We are all in need of a good game plan, and what used to be considered “rah-rah” clichés have become a way of life. Motivation itself has become the new norm, and football is the perfect metaphor. Today’s managers need to believe the team’s goals are doable, because they are. Every day, they need to lead like coaches, and act and talk like Vince Lombardi and other greats before the big game. “The intention to get to a certain place makes you unstoppable, and your action causes the impossible to become possible. In this practical, extremely humorous, female friendly presentation, Mimi shares the secrets of capitalizing on opportunity and intention, so you can become the ultimate coach for yourself and your team. Then nothing will stand in the way of your win.
Tactics To Triumph In Tough Times
Go from misery to mirth with Mimi, laughing through the good times and the bad. How to gain the edge in turbulent times, while keeping your eye on the prize.
• 4 Sure-Fire Growth Strategies For Tough Times
• Avoiding The 5 Pitfalls That Throw Us Off Course
• Tactics To Strengthen Your Ties To Clients And Customers
All Stressed Up And No Place To Go
Mimi has a captivating and humorous way for audiences to recognize their own stress triggers right before their eyes. Her real gifts are the techniques she shares so that everyone can avoid going from “calming down to blowing up."
• Recognize The WAR Within: Worry-Anger-Resentment
• How To Gain Control Before You Blow The Deal
• Opt For Alternative Positive Actions
4 Steps to Managing the Unmanageable
The four essential actions to get results through people.
• Manage your employees, your boss, the plumber, even your teenager.
• Delegate clearly, motivate with purpose, supply the tools, and give feedback.
• Give "efficient" 6-second empathy
At Your Service
Gain the competitive edge to gain customers for life.
• Learn when to talk and when to listen
• Effective questioning and verifying techniques
• How to be courteous under pressure
Making Meetings Work
Manage meetings that are attended with enthusiasm and participation.
• Define goals and establish roles
• Handle monopolizers, interrupters and other obstacles
Building a Team
Recognize your role as a leader who leads, motivates, and gets results.
• Handle difficult situations and people
• Satisfy the internal customer with empathy, feedback and control
Make one of the most important changes in your life.
• How to be assertive without being aggressive
• How to say "no" when appropriate
• Request assistance and information, express opinions
For over twenty years, Mimi has captivated audiences from the Fortune 100 to the just plain fortunate. She’s won acclaim for her rousing keynote speeches, compelling workshops, and in-house training programs. She has shared the keynote platform with Colin Powell, Katie Couric and Maya Angelou.
She holds a Bachelors Degree in Speech and Dramatic Arts from the University of Iowa, and a Masters Degree in Education from Columbia University. For 10 years, she was a staff Human Resources Specialist with Walt Disney Company, Northrop Aircraft, and Rockwell International.
Mimi has been a visiting professor at Harvard University’s Center for Public Leadership at the Kennedy School of Government. She was the “pitch coach” on ABC’s American Inventor and coached the contestants to success persuading judges and America.
Mimi’s latest book is about success in life: Necessary Roughness: New Rules for the Contact Sport of Life. As a very funny football female, Mimi uses football as a metaphor for shaking off the bad plays, or roadblocks of challenging times, and leading with perseverance and courage.
Mimi Donaldson is also co-author of Negotiating for Dummies published in six languages and sold over 1 million copies worldwide. Her second book in 2006 was: Bless Your Stress: It Means You’re Still Alive!