Necessary Roughness: New Rules for the Contact Sport of Business
Prevailing in challenging times is not a question of ability – people are able. Success hinges on opportunity and intention. Opportunity and intention are what football is all about. Mimi uses the ultimate team game to highlight motivational and teambuilding principles that are crucial in today’s hard-fought personal and professional success. We are all in need of a good game plan, and what used to be considered “rah-rah” clichés have become a way of life. Motivation itself has become the new norm, and football is the perfect metaphor. Today’s managers need to believe the team’s goals are doable, because they are. Every day, they need to lead like coaches, and act and talk like Vince Lombardi and other greats before the big game. “The intention to get to a certain place makes you unstoppable, and your action causes the impossible to become possible. In this practical, extremely humorous, female friendly presentation, Mimi shares the secrets of capitalizing on opportunity and intention, so you can become the ultimate coach for yourself and your team. Then nothing will stand in the way of your win.
Life is one continuous chain of negotiations. Mimi is the master of the art, showing audiences exactly how to get what they want with dignity and honor
• Learn How And When To “Push The Pause Button”
• Control Body Language And Speech To Gain Favorable Results
• 5 Secrets To “Seal The Deal” Every Time
Tactics To Triumph In Tough Times
Go from misery to mirth with Mimi, laughing through the good times and the bad. How to gain the edge in turbulent times, while keeping your eye on the prize.
• 4 Sure-Fire Growth Strategies For Tough Times
• Avoiding The 5 Pitfalls That Throw Us Off Course
• Tactics To Strengthen Your Ties To Clients And Customers
All Stressed Up And No Place To Go
Mimi has a captivating and humorous way for audiences to recognize their own stress triggers right before their eyes. Her real gifts are the techniques she shares so that everyone can avoid going from “calming down to blowing up."
• Recognize The WAR Within: Worry-Anger-Resentment
• How To Gain Control Before You Blow The Deal
• Opt For Alternative Positive Actions
4 Steps to Managing the Unmanageable
The four essential actions to get results through people.
• Manage your employees, your boss, the plumber, even your teenager.
• Delegate clearly, motivate with purpose, supply the tools, and give feedback.
• Give "efficient" 6-second empathy
At Your Service
Gain the competitive edge to gain customers for life.
• Learn when to talk and when to listen
• Effective questioning and verifying techniques
• How to be courteous under pressure
Making Meetings Work
Manage meetings that are attended with enthusiasm and participation.
• Define goals and establish roles
• Handle monopolizers, interrupters and other obstacles
Building a Team
Recognize your role as a leader who leads, motivates, and gets results.
• Handle difficult situations and people
• Satisfy the internal customer with empathy, feedback and control
Make one of the most important changes in your life.
• How to be assertive without being aggressive
• How to say "no" when appropriate
• Request assistance and information, express opinions
Since 1984, Mimi has spoken at over 900 events in dozens of industries, in over 100 cities across North America and to audiences throughout Europe. Mimi has spoken at company events for 32 of the Fortune 500, 18 of which are listed in the Fortune 100. She holds a Masters Degree in Instructional Design from Columbia University and was a staff Human Resources Specialist with Walt Disney Company, Northrop Aircraft, and Rockwell International.
Mimi has been a featured guest on countless radio stations including KABC Radio in Los Angeles and numerous television appearances including Good Day New York. She’s been the subject of over 200 articles in newspapers and magazines, having been featured in the Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, Denver Post, Ladies Home Journal, and Harvard Management Review.