With 67 years of experience in the lecture industry, this is an exciting team of seasoned professionals. Below is more information on the open opportunities to join our Agency.
Applicants should send us a letter detailing why their experience would be a fit for our team, along with a resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will do our best to respond to each request within 2 business days.
Senior Sales Agent
Do you have experience as a sales agent representing or managing speakers within the meetings industry? Are you a conference planner focused on securing and evaluating speakers or developing program content? Is business development a big part of your job?
Then we believe you may have what it takes to be a sales agent at the world’s leading speakers agency.
The Harry Walker Agency represents today’s biggest names in the speaking industry including President Clinton, Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Kofi Annan, Karl Rove, Bono and Michael Eisner, among many other political, business and leading thought-leaders. A senior sales agent at HWA partners with busy meeting planners who need to find the right speaker for their events.
If this excites you, and if you have at least 3 years of sales, business development or programming experience, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3-5 years business experience in sales or 3-5 years experience working with Speakers Bureaus or Conference/Programming Development
- Experience specifically related to program content, speaker selection and educational development
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers via phone and email
- Ability to manage opportunities, negotiate, find creative solutions and close deals
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written sales materials
- A sales mind-set and confidence to succeed in a performance-based commission structure
- Past experience working with a CRM database system is a plus
- A mature professional with a positive attitude
- High volume of selling via phone, with follow up via written communication/email
- Partner with Meeting Planners to provide proactive, intelligent solutions to their programming needs
- Represent speakers (well-known people from the world of politics, business, journalism) to Corporations, Associations, Non-Profits and Educational Groups around the world in a dignified and professional manner
- Develop and implement targeted marketing plans to your buyer groups
- Manage a database of buyers and prospect potential new buyers
- Manage a shared assistant
Speaker Relations, Account Manager
The Harry Walker Agency, the World’s Leading Speakers Agency, is seeking a coordinator/account executive to join our team. This person will serve as the liaison between a group of our speakers, their staffs and the hosting organizations bringing the speaker in for their event. The account executive will organize and coordinate details of each lecture engagement. This person must be detail oriented, organized and professional with a great personality.
The candidate should have at least 2 years work experience. A background in scheduling or event planning is a plus. Candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment, multi-task, have a calm and professional demeanor. Heavy speaker, client and vendor contact. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develop relationships with Speakers and their offices
- Work with all internal departments to ensure Speaker and Host satisfaction, clear understanding of expectations as well as accurate and timely billing of all travel expenses
- Arrange and organize travel details through vendors, while coordinating with host and Speaker
- Develop and follow project timeline from event inception to event day, taking control and ensuring our speakers are taken care of from the moment they leave home to the moment they return and that the events run smoothly for both the speakers and the hosts perspective
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years work experience
- Background in event planning is a big plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Superb organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate and find creative solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Creative thinking and a positive, can-do attitude under pressure a must!
- Strong computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel. CRM database experience is helpful but not required